Letter of Intent for the Van Arts Digital Photography Program

Ana Laura Rivera Garcia
8488 Duff St. Vancouver B.C. , Canada
Keropeee@hotmail.com
604 324 0203


October 24th 2009


To whom it may concern:

My desire to attend the Vancouver Institute of Media Arts is because I would like to pursue a career as a professional digital photographer. I’m interested in the Digital Photography program at Van Arts because I want to become a freelance digital photographer able to produce quality images of different types of photography and this program offers the skills I need to achieve what I want. I would like to become a versatile photographer.

My interest for photography started when I turned twelve years old and my father gave me a digital camera for my birthday. It was only 1.3 pixels but as I experimented taking pictures of everything around me, the people and things that were part of my life, I realized how amazing it is to be able to capture a moment (and feelings linked with that moment) forever; and sharing the moment with people that where not present by showing them the photograph.
Later on when I went into grade 11 in high school , I decided to take a film photography course. I loved the whole process of producing an image and the feeling of accomplishment when it was successfully developed. I also discovered photography as an art form. I found it to be an excellent way to project feelings, thoughts and ideas. Now in grade 12, I’m currently taking a film photography course again and a digital photography course.

I chose photography as my future career because it is a universal form of communication that surpasses cultural and social boundaries and so it is able to connect startlingly different people. I’m fascinated by the idea that through a single image one can express several different emotions, reflect beliefs and opinions or simply project the true personality and soul of a person.

I would like to acquire all the knowledge I need to produce photographs that capture beautiful moments, places, people and events. I want to learn how to properly express feelings and thoughts through a professionally done photograph.



Sincerely

Ana Laura Rivera Garcia

Followers